Rere Falls Trail Adventure Ride
Rere Falls Adventure Ride will be held for the second time 29 October 2017.
This fun event starts from Motu (longest distance), heading for The Jolly Stockman at Matawhero near Gisborne. It’s a non-race ride, offering a range of four distances up to a hilly 105km, and featuring a section of trail in the superb Eastwoodhill Arboretum.
There’s an easy 27km sealed road ride option and also a children’s ride in Eastwoodhill.
The longer distances include gravel road.
The whole idea is for all ages and levels to ride and experience this heartland-NZ area (Rere Falls, Rere Rockslide, Eastwoodhill, some super riding), folks can go hard if they want, or cruise if they want, they can even ride e-bikes if they want.
The event is run by and raises funds for the Motu Trails Charitable Trust. The ride this year is held in memory of former-trustee Richard Coates, who first had the idea for the ride.
ENTER HERE: http://www.gisbornespecials.co.nz/rere-falls-trail-adventure-ride-201
Shuttles to starts
There will be a shuttle lift available to all starts. Please contact Pamela with name/address to arrange and pay: email@example.com or 021 021 59094. Payment to Motu Trails Charitable Trust 06-0637-0259896-00.
Answers to frequently answered questions: see below.
Rere Falls Adventure Ride: Answers to Frequently asked Questions:
- There are 4 starting points for this ride:
- 1st start – Motu – outside the Motu Community House start time 10am
- 2nd start – Matawai – outside the Hard Drive Café – start time 10am
- 3rd starting point – Wharekopae – at top of hill. Large parking area here start time 11am
- 4th starting point – Eastwood Hill – starting in the main car park after Richard Coates seat unveiling – start time 1pm.
- Cut off time 4pm
- All riders are warmly invited to pause at Eastwoodhill Arboretum at 12:45pm for a special memorial and unveiling of a seat for Richard Coates. You’ll be back riding by 1pm.
- Riders coming into Eastwoodhill can enter via the Millennial Wood gateway on the road – a marshal will be at this site – for those on mountain bikes – or via the main entrance on a road bike
- Can I start at any of the 4 noted starting points? YES
- Do I need to wear an event number? YES these will be given to you at your chosen starting point. Please pin these to the back of your riding top. Pins provided.
- Please place your number in the bin provided at the end of ride at the Jolly Stockman. These will be used for the spot prizes
- Can I change from Road to mountain bike depending on road surface? YES
- Can I share the ride with anyone and change riders as we choose to? YES
- Can I have support vehicle? YES
- Support vehicles are to courteous to other riders and park well off the road when stopping
- There are NO road closures and NO traffic management
- All roads are open
- All NZ Road Rules apply at all times
- Can we have our bikes transported to any of the 4 starting points? YES however you must make the booking at least one week out. Final date for bookings 23rd October.
- Who do I contact to make the booking? Pamela Hall – email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I ride an electric bike? YES
- Can I ride a tandem bike? YES
- Is there a cut off time? YES 4pm.
- Anyone still riding at that time will be picked up by the tail end vehicle and taken to the Jolly Stockman for the prize giving
- Is there a prize giving at the end of the ride? YES starting at 5pm
- All spot prizes with one major prize of $500.00 cash
- You must be there to be eligible
- Is there any food provided along the route? NO
- Every rider must be self sufficient
- Please ensure you have plenty of water and keep hydrated
- There will be food available at the Jolly Stockman for purchase
- There will be food at Eastwoodhill for purchase
- Any questions not answered here please email or call Kathy Sheldrake
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 027 241 5063